[bksvol-discuss] Re: assistance with search of NLS catalog

  • From: Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 20:24:11 -0700

Hi. Sorry to be unhelpful, but you are probably not going to find anything in NLS about web accessibility that's of recent vintage. It's worth a try, but you should probably look through the Oreilly books instead. However, try this:

Go to the NLS catalog site and select Voyager. You do not want the text only interface.

http://nlscatalog.loc.gov/

Select electronic resource in the search limits box. For the first field, put "web accessibility" without quotes. Select keywords from the first option list. Select as a phrase from the other. Leave the rest alone and search. You will probably get lots of unrelated links, but this seems to be the best that can be done. Supposedly there is a way to only search Web-Braille but I haven't found it. I have managed to only search it, but it's unreliable and misses books that I know are there. If that doesn't find anything, play with the option list and select other things than as a phrase. You can also look at the guided search and try some of the other search limits. I suppose I should tell you to read the NLS help, but the truth is that it is very unhelpful and would probably lead to more frustration for you.

If you still need help, write me privately and explain what you are looking for. Also, I do not normally answer people who don't use real names, so keep this in mind when writing.