[bksvol-discuss] Re: another one for the Wish List

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>, bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 17:44:41 -0700 (PDT)

As I remember from way back when I started playing bridge, beginning bridge
books aren't that complicated--not at all like the chess books. mah jongg, on
the other hand, might be a bit more so.

Many years ago, I used to play duplicate bridge. One of our regulars was a
blind man. I can't remember how we did it, (of course he had a Braille deck)
but I think we probably called out the card and suit of the dummy as it was
turned up and as we played the cards in our hands. He was an excellent player.
I don't know how many tournament points or what they're called--can't
remember--but I know it was way more than I had. I don't suppose any of you is
he? That would be a nice coincidence.  It was a pleasure playing with you (him)

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: