[bksvol-discuss] Re: announcement

  • From: Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 17:50:56 -0700

--
"To me, music that breaks your heart is the music that stays with you
forever. It's one thing to be melancholy and one thing to be
sophisticated, but when you get the two of them together in a way
people can relate to, then I think you're on to something. You want
the sophistication to lie in the purity of the sound, the beauty of
the arrangements, and the quality of the performances."-Trumpeter
Chris Botti
--
Chela Robles
AIM and E-Mail: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx

On 7/22/2010 4:48 PM, Nicole Gnutzman wrote:
It is with much personal sadness that I share this news. Pavi Mehta, Volunteer
Program Coordinator, has decided, after a 3-month sojourn in India and a brief
time back with us working remotely, that she will not be returning to Benetech
in her current capacity. She has a book to finish with her publisher, which we
will definitely put into the collection when it's done!

Pavi's ability to deeply understand the act of giving has had a indelible
impact on both the volunteer program and the operations team as a whole.  We
couldn't just let her leave without learning even more from her, so over the
next 6 weeks, Pavi will be on contract with us to develop a strategic plan for
the volunteer program. We feel that focusing on strategy right now is important
to guide the efforts of our volunteers as the program continues to evolve and
takes on new challenges.

Scott Rains will continue to focus on the day-to-day work of the volunteer
program with Rick's able help, and both will assist in reviewing the strategic
plan as it develops. The strategic plan will then be presented to and approved
by Betsy and Jim, and the final approved plan will inform our program and
staffing needs.

Please join me in wishing Pavi "all good things" as she continues on her path
in life. Her presence will be missed greatly.

Nicole

Nicole Gnutzman
Director, Literacy Operations
nicoleg@xxxxxxxxxxxx