[bksvol-discuss] adding the page break symbol to the jaws Braille table.

  • From: "Larry Lumpkin" <llumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 08:21:19 -0600

Be careful folks when doing this.  I'll paste below what Freedom sent me and
send some instructions I wrote Sue in a separate post.

Dear Larry

Thank you for contacting Freedom Scientific technical Support. You will be
unable to insert the asci value 12 in the dictionary manager. However, you
can try taking the steps below and see if the Braille display reveal the
page break as you desire.

You can try to have your page break symbol appear by using the steps below:

1.  Go to:

start/all programs/JAWS 13.0/explore JAWS/explore program files

2.  Press the letter u until you get to:

US_Unicode.jbt

3.  Perform the shift+f10 command to activate the context menu

4.  Arrow down to:

edit

and hit enter

5.  Perform the control+f command to activate the find dialog

6.  type in:

unicode latin

and hit enter

7.  You will be positioned on the following string:

[Unicode Latin]

Press the escape key to exit the find dialog

8.  Arrow down one line under [Unicode Latin]

9.  Press the home key followed by enter to insert a blank line.

10.  Up arrow to the blank line and insert the following string:

U+0X000C=XXXX where X is the dot pattern such as 13456

Note:

If you want the symbol to be two or ever three characters, use the string
below in the place of the string outlined for

step 10.

U+0X000C=13456 13 146

11. Save the changes by performing control+s

12.  Exit the window with the alt+f4 command