[bksvol-discuss] a Jo Beverley book: wanted

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 15:39:00 -0700 (PDT)

If anyone can obtain inexpensively (paperback swap, perhaps? Jo Beverley's A
Regency Valentine  and scan it, I'd love to proof it It would have to be a good
scan, though, because I can't obtain the book from any of my libraries (which
is why I'm asking for a scan to proof. There's a story in it I badly want to
read. I see there are a lot of Jo Beverley books in the collection, including
Lord Wraybourne's Betrothed, the first book in the Kyle Renfrew series. (a
wonderful series.   if anyone wants to scan them it would be nice for Beverley
fans to have the whole series. and if no one else wants to proof them, I'd be
delighted to, though I've already read them. A character in one of the books,
Chelmly, Duke of Tyne, in the series is shot but fortunately doesn't die.
However, his family is concerned  about the fact that he takes his duties as
duke  so seriously and isn't interested in looking for a bride to carry on the
family line.  Jo Beverley's
 characters are so realistic, one (at least I) becomes really involved with
them. I wrote to Ms Beverley asking if here was a book about Chelmly that I
somehow missed or if she was going to, or would, write a book about him. She
nicely replied (was I pleasantly surprised!) today that there is a story about
him in an old  anthology A Regency Valentine. I am unable to get the book from
any of my libraries, which is the reason for my request here. I'll keep my
fingers crossed that someone here can grant my request.