[bksvol-discuss] Wishlist request - Dear Fred

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 13:41:53 -0600

I'd love to read K.M. Peyton's "Dear Fred," and it's another book I'll willingly validate if someone scans. smile

Judy s.
cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grandma Cindy wrote:
I recently finished Flambards Divided, and as I was
returning the book to the library I read about another
book by K.M. Peyton, Dear Fred. The publisher's
summary is below, although it is a little different
from the summary I read on the flap. It's for grades
seven and up. Fred Archer was a real person.

G.Cindy

Newmarket in the 1880s: Laura's heart turned over with
adoration whenever she caught a glimpse of Fred Archer
- dear Fred - the tall, slender young jockey who won
the Derby five times and became an idol over a century
ago. To Laura's parents, her passionate hero-worship
was an embarrassment. The only people who understood
her feelings were Uncle Harry and his strange protege,
Tiger, a runaway boy with a lithe body and fiery
nature who kissed Laura secretly behind the stable door.