[bksvol-discuss] Re: Why books by Elie Weisel are marked as adult.

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 14:42:07 -0400

It's just a stupid algorithm that counts a group of words, and if more than a certain percentage of those words appears in the book, then it marks the book as Adult. It's a really small percentage, too. It has absolutely nothing to do with subject matter. The Kosher Sutra that Lissi and I did was an Adult book by most people's standards, but because it didn't have any of those "bad words" in it the Bookshare Adult Content Meter did not mark it as Adult. That should tell you that Bookshare's Adult rating mechanism is just wacky.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lynn I" <lynnskyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>