[bksvol-discuss] Where are...?

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 13:09:55 -0700 (PDT)

I'm looking for another book to read, and was going to
borrow from the library one of the ones Amber was
going to put up that people wanted to validate. That
way, while I'm reading the book, if the validator
needs help I can provide it.

But I can't find the following on the download list or
anywhere on Marissa's List:  Blood Royal, Memoirs of
Cleopatra, or Winter Queen, by Boris Akunin. (There is
a biographical novel with the same title that is about
Elizabeth, queen consort of Frederick I, King of
Bohemia, 1596-1662, if anyone is interested. I read
the reviews online in my library's catalog, and it
seems a bit slow and not entirely accurate but the
Library Journal review didsay that fans of Dorothy
Dunnet's books should like it.

Anyway, if any of you is currently working on, or
planning to work on soon, Blood Royal of Winter Queen,
please let me know ASAP. Or, Monica, if you think
you'll be working in I, Elizabeth in the near future,
let me know and I'll borrow that one.

Otherwise I may borrow Memoirs of Cleopatra. It's
humongous, but I should be able to read it in 9 weeks,
if it's as interesting as the reviews say. smile