[bksvol-discuss] What scanning software do you advise?

  • From: "Walt Smith" <ka3lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2014 19:44:04 -0400

Hi, all -

I'm really interested in volunteering to help get more books into the
library, but am not exactly sure which direction to take with respect to
software. Frankly, I don't really want to make the large investment in one
of the applications specifically designed for the blind if I don't have to
(I am totally blind, I should say) and am wondering about some of the
off-the-shelf scanning programs and how easy (or not) they'd be for a blind
person to use -- obviously, I know nothing about them and have only used one
of the blind-specific programs several years back.

If folks don't want to clutter up the list with a discussion that's probably
taken place more than once in the past, please feel free to write me
off-list ad the address below my sig. Many thanks for your feedback.

--
Walt Smith - Clearwater, FL
ka3agm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx