[bksvol-discuss] Re: Validating on IPhone?

  • From: Nimit Kaur <kaur.nimit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 14:46:57 -0500

Hey, Amber,
I see no response at least not on this list for your inquiry.
Actually, I was also looking for such tool as I am always extremely
busy and would like to do some work on my phone and iPad.  It is
really hard as I tried couple word processors with Voiceover and
Braille Display, but they don't meet the requirements for Bookshare.
Pages is good, but you can't see the page breaks in it.  At least,
voiceover doesn't announce it and braille display doesn't indicate it.
 If you can see, then maybe you could find it but I have not been able
to figure it out.  It can be hard as you can't check the font.  I
mean, you can, but then, chapters have to be 16 pt bold and it is hard
to check with voiceover if this is the case.  It will tell you what
font is the whole thing, but Bookshare documents have to meet some
requirements which is hard to accomplish in Pages.  Oh, yeah, somebody
said that you can not open RTF documents in Pages?  With the latest
update, I was able to.  You have to make sure you updated your iDevice
to the latest update and update pages.  Now, that is just my
experience, and I am not discouraging you from trying it.  If you have
Pages, then it is a good thing to play around with and see what you
find out but I won't rely on it soly for Bookshare stuff.  Yes, I rely
on it for education purposes as it is one of the school recommended
apps in here and I bought it from an iTunes gift card I got.  It is
really great for writing documents, but in a document where you have
to be really careful like Bookshare, I can't trust it for that
purpose.  It has other templates that maybe workable, but I just have
not tried them as they are all jibberish for Voiceover.  I would be
really curious to get sighted perspective about Pages.  I tried an app
called documents and it does not have anything.  I can't even use it
for education purposes!  It's a free app, at least when I got it.  My
friend told me of an app called Office 365 or something from Microsoft
which is totaly inaccessible with Voiceover unless they updated which
I don't know.  I have been told not to buy it so I can't try it right
now.  I hope that helps a little.  I know it is not much but that is
why I was waiting to see if somebody would respond but I did not see
it on this list.  Have a good day, everyone!

On 11/9/13, Amber Wallenstein <amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is it possible to validate books using the IPhone? I am wondering if there
> is a program out there that will allow the retaining of formatting, yet will
> work with VO and Braille.  Has anyone been able to make this work?
> Amber To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to

PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE FOLLOWNG QUOTES BY STEVIE WONDER!!!!!!!
“JUST BECAUSE A MAN LACKS THE USE OF HIS EYES DOES NOT MEAN HE LACKS VISION!”
“JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN’T SEE DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN’T HEAR AND THINK!”  “
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ARE ALSO NORMAL HUMAN BEINGS.  THEY CAN DO
EVERYTHING THAT PEOPLE WITHOUT DISABILITIES CAN DO JUST IN DIFFERENT
WAYS ADAPTING TO THE CERTAIN DISABILITY THEY POSSESS.
MORE WAYS YOU CAN CONTACT ME:
KAUR.NIMIT@xxxxxxxxx
KAUR.NIMIT@xxxxxxxxxxx
THANK YOU FOR READING MY EMAIL!!!!  HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY, AFTERNOON,
EVENING OR NIGHT DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU ARE IN THE WORLD!!