[bksvol-discuss] Re: Uploaded a book for Proofing

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <grandcyn77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 18:37:30 -0700

I'd be delighted to proof it if no one else wants to (and you don't want it
done in a hurry (I'm finishing one book now but am only about a quarter
done.
What edition is it? Is Carter Youngman her husband, or is a book with
that title by Carter young man a totally different book (if so, I would
need you to send me the print book
o.k.. I went to amazon to check the publisher to warn would-be proofers
tha it probably was published in the U.K. and thus has British spelling nd
punctuation. lA nd my question is answered -- the author(s) are given as
Margery Allingham and Carter Youngham
Cindy. For anyone else who might be interested, be aware that it My
library has 2 different editions, one published by Morrow New York: ( with
219 pages (a paperback) and one published my Heinemann ( probably the
British edition with 5 unnumbered and 232 numbered pages . (that has a
copyright date of 1969. So if your book is one of these I can get it From
my library

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 4:36 PM, Katherine Petersen <
dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I just uploaded

Mr. Campion’s Farthing by Margery Allingham

It’s a mystery starring Albert Campion, her main series character. This
book was actually written by her husband after her death in 1966. It’s 192
pages. As with all my books, a sighted proofer will probably have the
easiest job as page breaks and numbers need fixing, but the text is clean.
Some periods seemed to be missing, and I think I caught most of them.

I have a print copy of the book I can send if needed.

--Katherine