[bksvol-discuss] Re: To Donna G. and all: I feel like an idiot but

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 17:20:15 -0400

Amber try this. Go to that place in the book using something other than your braillenote. For instance, try using k1000. You may very well find some kind of junk character marks the troubling spot. In any case, going into the file and going to that place and spacing backspacing and saving the file in, say, kurzweil may make the problem vanish. No idea about any causes but sometimes the braillenotes flip out when they come across a junk character. Do let us know what happens. Never had mine switch languages on me though. bizarre!!

E.

At 05:02 PM 8/29/2009, you wrote:
this is for Donna G. and anyone else that can help me.
I am proofing Donna's submission of The Lady in Blue. I am doing this using my Braille Note M-power. When it reaches a certain point in the file, I kid you not, the Braille grade switches to grade 1, and the voice starts reading in Spanish, but the words are in English. I'm seriously confused. I've tried to switch the language using the language menu and can't. It switches back to Castilian Spanish. I am so lost.
Amber
Book blog:
<http://community.livejournal.com/book_cuddler/>http://community.livejournal.com/book_cuddler/
I have accepted a seat in the House of Representatives, and thereby have consented to my own ruin, to your ruin, and to the ruin of our children. I give
John Adams
E-Mail: <mailto:amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx>amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4379 (20090829) __________