[bksvol-discuss] Thinking about Animals

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 23:16:18 -0500

Hey you all,

Just asking, as I plan another round of "scanning"  What kinds of animal
books would be good on the site.

My library has a well limited, but focused supply.  We have predominantly
books on game animals Deer, bear, wolves, rabbits, and other small critters,
and the other predators, wolves, lions, carnivores, and the primates.  We
also have a few on Dolphins, sharks, and other fish. Seals, bats, polar
bears, squids, clams, and a few others.  We have a fairly small section on
Insects.

We have a huge bird section.  Would any bird books be of any use on the
site.  There is one, it may be a pain to scan, but my brother says the
information is great called "Lives of North American Birds"  There is also
one called "Hand feeding wild birds.  And there are ones on particular
birds, Chickadees, and bluebirds come to mind.

I also have a few, "booklets" from a bird song course, or courses I have
laying around here, they are copyrighted, and not scripts, so would think
they are useful.  But let me know.

Also we have a enormous section on domestic animals, pets, and livestock.
Would be of anyone's interest to have books on Unusual pets like lizards,
snakes, and the like.  On hamsters, gerbils, guinea Pigs, ferrets, and the
like, books on raising rabbits, sheep, cows, horses, goats, pigs, ducks and
other birds.

I am going to be submitting eventually a collection on reptiles, I have

Rattlers
Snakes with hyperlinks
Lizards of the World
Turtles, Tortoises, and Teripans Survivors in Armor

So it covers pretty good that section of animal ness.

Let me know what you are thinking.

Smile.  I love reading this stuff, and will have eventually seven books by
Joy Adamson, the "born free" series up too.

Born Free
Living Free
Forever Free
Pippa's Challenge
The Spotted Sphinx
Elsa the True Story of a Lioness
Elsa's Cubs

But let me know what you are interested in.  Oh, we have a section on
domestic birds, and on aquariums. and Attracting wild life, and creating
wildlife friendly landscaping too.

Let me know O.K. smile, am open to suggestions.

Is there an animal you wanted to read about but haven't because you didn't
have the book?

Guys I am free till September and then will have to go dormant for a while,
or so I am telling myself, we shall see, smile.  So let me know o.k.  I like
reading the science, and animal books, and enjoy doing art and biographies.
I have a lot to be "edited" but am always looking for other things to scan
and add to the pile.

Am working on a few on the Great Lakes, my home turf as it were, and should
have them up soon, and one on Ghosts and Haunting of Pennsylvania.  Am
working on "lighthouse Tales" right now.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com