[bksvol-discuss] The Scoop on ISBN was Waters

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 22:23:33 -0500

Sometimes, and I just figured this out, libraries will send in a older book
for rebinding.  When that is done, the rebindery requires, a the hard cover,
and the paperback.  They combine them.  So if a library book is a rebind, it
is probably a paperback with a new hard cover.

The only reason I learned about this is my copy of Five O'Clock Charlie by
Marguerite Henry which is paper back was the only one they could find, and I
got it for a pittens, so I donated it, and she is waiting for funding to
send it in to get a hard cover face lift.  My paperback is in much better
shape than their hard cover was.

There are other books in my library here in Corry that have been rebound.

I have seen

HB, PBK, LIB, Trade as labels for the ISBNs, and "Set) as well.

And at this point, I am assuming that the 1 or 0 that starts the sequence
doesn't mean anything because I have had several nonfictions that were both
a 0 or a 1.

And that it isn't really the more numbers the younger the publishing date,
either.  I have seen some ISBNs with only one or two numbers between dashes.

Smile.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council