[bksvol-discuss] Re: The Englisher

  • From: "Kasondra Payne" <Kassyp36@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 22:13:18 -0600

CINDY,

You are right.  I would expect exaggerations in the setting of any fictional
work about any close knit religious community.  This is especially true if
the writer isn't a member of that group.  I have found this true of fiction
written about Mormon families.  Sometimes the exaggerations are just for
effect and not intended to hurt.  However, sometimes the inaccuracies in the
setting are malicious in intent.  I am interested in Beverly Lewis's books
because they sound interesting.  I have the same interest in western
fiction, but I don't believe the settings are all accurate.  Beverly Lewis
is an author I have never read before.  Nancy thank you for the information
on her.

Kasondra Payne