[bksvol-discuss] Thanks and another one!

  • From: "liz halperin" <lizzersagain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 15:19:29 -0800

I get this list via digest at midnight, so I don't know who to thank for the
quick turn around validating "mom, I need to be a girl." I just came home
and found the acceptance email here. I had another hormonal night and was up
all night, so I read and proofed another book I'd already scanned. It's in
the Step 1 queue, "Becoming a Visible Man" by Jamison Green. This is another
transsexual book and an excellent read. Starts off grabbing you as he begins
a college lecture and discussing the difference between sex, gender, and
sexual orientation. Green weaves his personal story amid politics, history,
surgery information, hormones, family and community, and a strong feminist
theory--coming from someone who is now a man, who still sees that the world
view of men being superior to women and this group over that group over
another group, and all these class and caste systems are messing this world
up pretty badly. It's a great for learning about adult female (was butch
lesbian but knew that wasn't correct fit) person who became a physical man.
Historically, most books have been about men becoming women, this one is
woman to man. I highly recommend it to anyone interested. As far as quality
of scan, it got a KES 99.22 rating, I checked all the other words which were
acceptable, cleaned up the scannos, was meticulous with the biblio and index
so you needn't worry about them. Any takers for a validation?
 I'm now putting that collection on hold (I think) and will do other books
for the next few weeks. A mystery due for me at the library any day now!

Thanks everyone!
Liz, bummed in Portland where it's been pouring all day rather than the
promised snow

Liz Halperin
Portland, OR
lizzersagain@xxxxxxxxxxx