[bksvol-discuss] Thank you, and...

  • From: Alisa Moore <alisam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 20:39:18 +0000

Hi everyone,

I'm writing to let you know that I've accepted a position with a foster care
and adoption agency in Oakland, managing several of their programs (with an
emphasis on placing drug exposed newborns into safe and loving foster homes,
and finding caring adoptive families for LGBT youth).  My last day is May 10.

I feel very sad to leave such a great organization and a vital volunteer
community.  I am so proud of our community and I will miss you all very much.
It's been a delight getting to know you, and I wish each of you well.  Thanks
so much for all you do to make books accessible to our members.

Madeleine will continue focusing on in-house, scanning, and proofing
volunteers.  I will continue consulting part-time on our text book image
description work until we hire a new Volunteer Program Manager, at which time
that piece will transition over to him/her (I can still be reached via this
email address for image description related topics until that time, and will
let you know when that changes).

All inquiries not related to image description work should be directed to
Madeleine or our Operations Director, Fred Slone at
freds@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:freds@xxxxxxxxxxxx> after May 10.

Very kind regards,

Alisa K. Moore
Volunteer Program Manager