[bksvol-discuss] Textbridge Millennium Pro and Pagination

  • From: Nolan Crabb <aa3go@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 09:34:00 -0700

I suppose in the spirit of honesty, I should admit that I'm one of the hapless book scanners who lives on the wrong side of the tracks, so to speak, where software is concerned. <smile> I'm using Textbridge Millennium Pro and a Visioneer 8700 scanner--definitely the poor man's scanning equipment. <smile>

I recently scanned a book in which there were blank pages on the left side of the book at the end of each chapter. The book wasn't consistent in that regard, but quite often, chapters would end on the odd-numbered page and the following even-numbered one would be blank and devoid of a number. I just scanned the next page that included writing, since Textbridge seems to have a problem scanning blank pages.

Sorry for all this introductory rambling, but the question is this: Ought I to have manually dropped a page break at those blank pages? Not sure what everyone else, particularly others who may be Textbridge users, do with this. You can e-mail me privately with your thoughts if you'd rather, since I suspect most on the list don't use Textbridge, especially the older millennium pro version.

Kindest Regards,

Nolan