[bksvol-discuss] Submitted: Legends of the Fall

  • From: "Rik James" <d28rik@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 10:42:57 -0700

TITLE:
Legends of the Fall

AUTHOR:
Jim Harrison

YEAR OF COPYRIGHT:
Copyright © 1978, 1979 by Jim Harrison

GENRE:  (checkboxes)
Fiction

How Many Pages:
276 pp.

SHORT DESCRIPTION: 200 character limit (with spaces)
Trilogy of 3 novels: Revenge, The Man Who Gave Up His Name, and Legends of
the Fall. Two were became motion pictures.

ISBN #:
ISBN 0-440-05461-3

LONGER DESCRIPTION:
From the publisher:
The publication of this magnificent trilogy of short novels -- Legends Of
The Fall, Revenge, and The Man Who Gave Up His Name -- confirmed Jim
Harrison's reputation as one of the finest American writers of his
generation. These absorbing novellas explore the theme of revenge and the
actions to which people resort when their lives or goals are threatened,
adding up to an extraordinary vision of the twentieth-century man.

VOLUNTEER COMMENTS:
This book of fiction was scanned using Kurzweil K-1000 version 10.05. Pages
were normalized, headers removed, ranked spelling was run.  Very few errors,
and those detected were removed. Submitted in RTF, KES copy still available
if desired. Contact me if needed at d28rik@xxxxxxxx
COPYRIGHT NOTE: I put 1979 in the Submission field for year of copyright.
But the information page listed 2 years, 1978, 1979.   (text reads:  ?The
novella Legends of the Fall and a shorter version of Revenge first appeared
in Esquire. ?  Copyright © 1978, 1979 by Jim Harrison)
So perhaps you can verify which to use.  The ISBN #s on Amazon were reprint
version and the library copy I used says it was first printing on the info
page.
NOTE:  There are some descriptions of sex, so it might warrant the Adult
Content designation, particularly the second novella, ?The Man Who Gave Up
His Name.?  I am not sure, and did not so indicate when submitting, but the
Validator or Adminstrator might want to look and see.

ISBN 0-440-05462-1 (inside the book)
ISBN 0-440-05465-6 (inside the book)
ISBN: 0440550157   (amazon)
ISBN: 0385285965  (amazon)