[bksvol-discuss] Submitted Book - Asperger's From the Inside Out

  • From: Rolph Recto <rolph.recto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 22:45:42 -0400

ISBN: 9780399533976
Title: Asperger's From The Inside Out: A Supportive And Practical Guide For
Anyone With Asperger's Syndrome
Author(s): Michael John Carley, Peter F. Gerhardt (Foreword by), Michael
Carley
Publisher: Penguin Group (USA) Incorporated
Copyright Date: 2008
Copyrighted By: Michael John Carley
Brief Synopsis: While Asperger's syndrome, as the high-functioning end of
the autism spectrum is known, poses many challenges, the emphasis here is on
coming to terms with this "hidden disability" and educating others about the
intrinsic worth of each individual
Long Synopsis: While Asperger's syndrome, as the high-functioning end of the
autism spectrum is known, poses many challenges, the emphasis here is on
coming to terms with this "hidden disability" and educating others about the
intrinsic worth of each individual regardless of labels. Carley (GRASP/The
Global and Regional Asperger Syndrome Partnership), diagnosed with AS at the
same time as his son, candidly shares his experiences and advice on coping
in one's personal and work life. The guide lists peer- support resources.
Annotation ©2008 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Comments: The only major thing to proofread is the headings. If you have
questions, email me at rolph.recto@xxxxxxxxx
Adult content: No
Language: English US
Book Quality: EXCELLENT
Categories: Disability-Related, Self-Help
B4E Significant: No
SFWA Challenged: No

If I am correct, this is my 4th book. This one has taken a much longer time
because I actually remembered to remove the line breaks this time! I don't
know how much more books I can scan since I'm back in school, but I will try
to find time.

A side note: I will be doing college applications soon, and I'm trying to
figure out how to count my volunteer hours here. No one really supervises
me, but I keep time records on a spreadsheet. Does anyone have an idea as to
how to get those hours verified? Thanks!

Rolph Recto