[bksvol-discuss] Sighted help with snow book

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 21:44:14 -0400

Hi everyone,

I am not sure why, but, and maybe it has to do with the font involved, but...

Would someone with eyes be willing to look over and insert the missing letters and words in this book.

The Snow Booklet

Is on how snow is formed, and about its history, power, and ways to measure it.

I have the print book and can mail it if that would make life easier.

There is a great Calvin and Hobbs cartoon on the Preface page that I bet would be a great described cartoon.

There are charts and tables but I think those don't have to be described, and the missing letters and parts of words aren't on every page, or in every paragraph which is why it is confusing me to the max. I have scanned book the same day with no difficulties so I don't get it at all, smile.

But if anyone is willing I can continue to muddle my way through the raw scan I have fixing what I find, though some of the missing parts are large enough there could be several word options so don't want to guess the wrong word. The book is 99 pages. I also have images for this book as well if the physical book wouldn't be useful.

But I was looking forward to reading this book and am a bit disappointed. Smile. Does anyone want to take this project on?

Here is the Title and stuff.

The Snow Booklet

A Guide to the Science, Climatology, and Measurement of Snow in the United States

Copyright © June 1996 and January 1997 by Colorado State University Department of Atmospheric Science ISBN #0-9651056-2-8

Nolan J. Doesken and Arthur Judson

Shelley L. Rhodes, VRT
and Ludden Black Labrador Guide Dog

The ultimate sense of security will be when we come to recognize that we are all part of one human race. Our primary allegiance is to the human race and not to one particular color or border. -Mohamed ElBaradei, Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (b. 1942)