[bksvol-discuss] Scanning Books - Images & Tables

  • From: lori kaltenbronn <lkaltenbronn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 10:28:40 -0500

I am a new scanner. I do not understand how I should handle tables and
images.
When checking a scanned page, do I reformat tables that are scanned as
gibberish back to legible tables? Tables appear to be supported by the RTF
format.
For text that describes an image, do I manually add in the image? If so
what formats are allowed? Jpg? Bmp? If I do not include the image, what do
I do with the text that describes the image?

If there is a reference that describes these types of scanning questions,
let me know. I haven't been able to find answers anywhere.

Thank you,
Lori