[bksvol-discuss] Re: Sad news to share this morning

  • From: "Sue Stevens" <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 15:45:03 -0500

Joan,

Did you see Mayrie's request that this be kept off the discussion lists? Alisa said she specifically requested that any communications be sent through her. I hope my message will stop the list discussions.

Thank you,

Sue S.

-----Original Message----- From: Joan Goldberg
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2012 3:28 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Sad news to share this morning

I'm so sorry! I'm not currently a volunteer, but I had corresponded
with her a couple of times regarding a book I had requested. I had
also talked about volunteering in the future, and she was so kind and
caring and had offered to help in any way she could. She will truly be
missed! Please give her my best wishes.

Joan Goldberg

On 9/21/12, Alisa Moore <alisam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear Benetech staff and Bookshare volunteers,

It is with a heavy heart that I must tell you that our friend and dedicated
Bookshare staff person, Mayrie, has been battling cancer.  Due to the very
aggressive nature of the disease, Mayrie has made the decision to retire
from her work and volunteer duties, effective today.

I realize this news is very difficult as Mayrie has been a dedicated
colleague a beloved member of our extended community for many years. She
will be deeply missed by anyone who has had the honor of knowing her and
working with her.

Mayrie has specifically asked that discussions about her health stay off the discussion lists, to respect her privacy. If you would like to send Mayrie
any kind of communication, she has asked that they be sent through me (my
mailing address is below, if needed).  Please know that she will receive
each communication, however, she may not feel well enough to respond.  I
will post to the discussion list (and share with staff) as we learn more.

Kindly,

Alisa K. Moore
Volunteer Program Manager
Benetech