[bksvol-discuss] Re: Recruiting volunteers

  • From: "Rui Cabral" <rui@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 21:01:12 -0400

And we thank you for it

----- Original Message -----
From: <socly@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 13, 2004 8:57 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Recruiting volunteers

> Also, post the need for volunteers on a web site that lists  them. When I
retired in June 2002 I looked for something like this to do. I did find one
or two websties (I
> can't remember how many or what they were) that listed volunteer
opportunities on the web, such as tutoring -- and Project Gutenberg -- but I
didn't see
> bookshare. I  got here because I had a book I was going to scan for
Gutenberg (had bought a scanner for that purpose) and the coypright date was
not old enough;
> someone there, I think her name was Diane, suggested I send it to
bookshare, and so here I am.Now I'm spending all my computer volunteer time
now here and