[bksvol-discuss] Re: Ramblin' Man: The Life and Times of Woody Guthrie

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 13:43:03 -0500

Hi Rick,
Having the table of contents scan in the way you describe is really common;
in fact, it happens unless the scanner goes out of their way to prevent it.
It is less usual for this to actually appear as a table in Word. Fixing this
up isn't required, but if you decide to do so I know future readers of this
book will appreciate it. The fact that this is in what Word recognizes to be
a table may make the fixing simpler because there are commands for selecting
individual rows and columns and moving them around as a unit. Unfortunately,
I don't actually know those commands. I have an older version of Word than
yours, and I'm a table-making novice at best, though I was forced to learn
to make them for biology class and it wasn't nearly as difficult as I
thought it would be.
Kellie