[bksvol-discuss] Re: RTF files

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 11:39:34 -0600

Before starting to edit the book in Word just go into page setup on the file
menu.  I believe you would hit u in the file menu.  Control tab to the paper
size tab and lengthen the allowed page size to something ridiculously long
like 20 inches.  When you hit ok Word will worn you that the margines are
outside the printable area of the page.  That is of course because it is
sure you are going to try to print that document with your installed
printer.  Tell it that's ok, and get on with the editing project. :-)
I would also suggest going to tools options view tab and checking some
checkboxes related to what non-printing characters are shown.  Don't check
all, because you will go crazy seeing or hearing all the characters, but
check page breaks, tabs, and maybe paragraph symbols.
Those directions were given without looking at Word, so sorry if they aren't
given using the exact terms Word uses.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity/