[bksvol-discuss] Quick Progress on Preparing Books for Image Description

  • From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 20:26:47 -0700

Once again, thank you to the volunteers who rallied to analyze the 1,300 images
in the second book we have worked on in POET this weekend. The entire book is
marked up and ready for image description.

We have loaded a third book for those who would like to try the tool.  The URL
below will take you to the first page of a World History book with the filter
in the upper left corner of the page defaulted to "All Images." The task is
analyzing and marking each image as "Yes" or "No" for "Should be described."
Under each image is the question and the tool for marking the image. It is not
necessary to save after each image or when you leave the page. Your choice is
automatically sent to the server.

First you should log in here:

https://diagram.herokuapp.com/

Then you will be able to open the book at this URL:

https://diagram.herokuapp.com/edit_book/edit?book_uid=0785464050NIMAS

Scott Rains