[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question on validating children's book

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 00:00:05 -0600

Thanks, Cindy!  That helped me figure it out. smile

Judy s.
cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grandma Cindy wrote:
Yes, it's correct not to add page numbers. You might
put in the long synopsis that the book does not have
page number; it probably isn't necessary, as the text
should follow logically and make that clear, but I
usually do.

I don't think the stripper will be a problem, since,
theoretically at least, the beginning words on each
page will be different. That isn't always the case,
though, I know. I assume the print book has
illustrations, or is it not a picture book? So you
could out the word illustration with brackets at the
top and then the stripper would take that.

G.Cindy

--- "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've just downloaded a children's book to validate,
and because of the discussion here on how the bookshare stripping tool
works, I have a few questions.

First, the book has all the correct page breaks. However, it doesn't have any page numbers. After looking at some images of the inside of the book in Amazon, it's clear that the original book does not have page numbers, so I don't want to add any in. Is this correct?

Second, each page of the book has a blank line at
the top, and a blank line at the bottom. Since this is a simple read-out loud type book for children, it then only has one or two lines of text per page. Do I need to do anything to protect the text from getting eaten by the Bookshare
stripper tool?

Thanks in advance, everyone!

WISH LIST (called Requested Additions To The Bookshare Collection)is available at http://people.delphiforums.com/jamiecalton/Book_Requests.htm
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/