[bksvol-discuss] Re: Quandry About Val McDermid Mysteries

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 09:14:29 -0500

Hi Monica!

I'd be glad to proof any of those mysteries.

Debby

At 12:24 PM 9/28/2010, Monica Willyard wrote
Hi everyone. I just noticed that we have only a few of Val McDermid's
mysteries in the Bookshare collection. Her mysteries are set in
Scotland and are psychological thrillers with intricate plots, complex
characters, and evocative settings. They're available on Audible where
I could just listen to them, but that doesn't help our Braille readers
and deaf/blind members. I'm somewhat torn about scanning or asking
anyone else to proofread for me because the books are from
ParperCollins. Yet they range in date from the early 90s to 2008. I
know we're getting fairly new books from that publisher, but I don't
know about older ones, say 2003 and earlier. As far as I know, there's
no guarantee the older McDermid books will be provided as PQ books.

So what do you all think? If I scan a few, would you be willing to
proofread? I don't mind my work being replaced by a publisher version
in the future because I'll be happy knowing that I got to read the
books when I wanted to. Yet I feel it's only fair to find a
proofreader who shares that feeling in general. These are books meant
for adults and probably do have some strong language in them. I don't
know how much unless I scan them. That's the downside. The upside is
the pleasure of reading a well-crafted mystery.

--
Monica Willyard
Visit my GoodReads book shelf at http://www.goodreads.com/plumlipstick

                                                mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>