[bksvol-discuss] Re: Publisher Quality Books needing synopses

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 13:30:28 -0800 (PST)

I don't mind, really. When I started looking up the
books the other nght most of them were simple to write
a one- or two-line synopsis for. The Garth Nix books'
summaries were so detailed, and other than writing
that they were horror/fantasy/mystery i didn't know
what to do. Anyway, there were so many PQ books that
night and I started so late I gave up. smile. Most
days, though, there aren't any. The other thing I can
do, though, is not include those PQ books on the list
I send. Maybe that would be better. Then people
wouldn't get frustrated.

I think after lunch I'll send out a survey to tose wo
receive the lists. smile

G.Cindy

--- Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> G. Cindy, you shouldn't have to do that.  No, those
> of us who know the
> books can give a sort of a synopsis if anyone has
> any questions.
>
> The Garth Nix books are fantasy.  They are sort of
> on the border of
> horror too, as Abhorsen deals with the borders
> between the world of the
> living and the world of the dead.    Nix's stuff
> might be considered
> good for grades middle school and up.
>
> Just in case anyone wants to know about Amazonia by
> Rollins, I started
> it.  And it's a cross between Preston/Child and
> Cussler.  Obviously
> takes place in Brazil.  I can't tell you more yet.
>
> We really have to solve this synopsis problem!
> Maybe anyone who sees
> G. Cindy's list and who knows authors can contribute
> at least a post
> with a general idea about the books involved.  She
> shouldn't have to do
> all this work herself.
>
> Ann P.
>
> --
> Ann K. Parsons
> Portal Tutoring
> EMAIL:  akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> http://www.portaltutoring.info
> "All that is gold does not glitter,
> Not all those who wander are lost."
>
> Email services provided by the System Access Mobile
> Network.  Visit
> www.serotek.com to learn more about accessibility
> anywhere.

AVAILABLE AT