[bksvol-discuss] Re: Pretty sure Cindy is not in Spain

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 14:40:29 -0400

I don't think it is a foregone conclusion that if you have a Mac you will not get a virus. Virus writers concentrate on writing viruses for Windows and PC's because they are more common. However, I hear that lately more and more viruses are showing up that target the Mac.

On 8/24/2012 2:14 PM, Chela Robles wrote:
Macs do not get viruses, Windows PC's do and the Windows OS does.

--
"Passion is a great motivator. Music is a life-long learning experience."
--

On 8/24/2012 11:00 AM, Sue Stevens wrote:

Cind wouldn't ask this list for that sort of help. I am sure she is not in Spain or she would have told us. I got a scam letter from another person similar too this one. Do Macs get viruses? I'm pretty sure Cindy has Mac computers, or at least the one she likes is a Mac, but it may have Windows on it.

Sue S.

-----Original Message----- From: Chela Robles
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2012 11:21 AM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Pretty sure Cindy is not in Spain

Oh but she and I have kept in contact off list unless she has a new
email address the one I have is a yahoo address popular place @yahoo.com
minus the spaces of course. She did descriptions of photos for me and
fixed pagination issues in the book I scanned called Kind Of Blue: The
Making Of The Miles Davis Masterpiece by Ashley Kahn and Jimmy Cobb and
we collaborated a lot about this book. Anyway, hope she gets this all
fixed, it is a matter of actually creating a new password to her email
address because it is often recommended to do so I always do...every
once in a while.

--
"Passion is a great motivator. Music is a life-long learning experience."
--
Chela Robles
Facebook/Linked-In/E-mail/AIM/GoogleTalk: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx
Windows Live Messenger: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxxxx
E-Buddy ID: cdrobles693
Skype: jazzytrumpet
Learning Ally Blog A Lady And Her Trumpet feel free to post comments by filling out the form on the page at: http://tinyurl.com/84tucwv I volunteer for Bookshare, to find out more and to volunteer with us,visit: http://www.bookshare.org/
http://tinyurl.com/752cyrs
Need more space, come join dropbox and start with two gigs of free space as is this is my referral link to you: http://db.tt/XpUTe0E
--

On 8/24/2012 9:05 AM, Dasha Radford wrote:
I think is depends on whether she has your email address in her address book. She doesn't have it she probably couldn't send it to you and this didn't go list wide.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 24, 2012, at 11:51 AM, Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've not heard from her or rather received this email scam from her or such you talk about. Hope she can utilize Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes.

--
"Passion is a great motivator. Music is a life-long learning experience."
--
Chela Robles
Facebook/Linked-In/E-mail/AIM/GoogleTalk: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx
Windows Live Messenger: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxxxx
E-Buddy ID: cdrobles693
Skype: jazzytrumpet
Learning Ally Blog A Lady And Her Trumpet feel free to post comments by filling out the form on the page at: http://tinyurl.com/84tucwv I volunteer for Bookshare, to find out more and to volunteer with us,visit: http://www.bookshare.org/
http://tinyurl.com/752cyrs
Need more space, come join dropbox and start with two gigs of free space as is this is my referral link to you: http://db.tt/XpUTe0E
--

On 8/24/2012 8:42 AM, Dasha Radford wrote:
Maybe virus but also scam. This came through from a friend of ours not too long ago with almost the exact same email. I think someone is trying to run a scam by using a virus although it might be something else.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 24, 2012, at 10:46 AM, Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Cindy has two of my email addresses and I got that in both. I have seen that same email in my in box before as stand alone spam. I made as if to reply to see what the reply address was and it seems to be a distorted form of her address. It is pretty clear to me that her computer is infected and that she needs to do a complete virus scan at the very least.
On 8/24/2012 9:29 AM, misha wrote:
If you received a personal email from Cindy Rosenthal saying she is in Spain and has been robbed and is in need of money, this looks like an example of one of the fastest growing internet scams, to me. Since she hasn't even hinted she might be out of town, much less in Spain, this looks like email fraud to me. Probably we will hear from the real Cindy on the list soon. Don't respond to the email, don't click on any links in it.

Misha

-----
No virus found in this message.