[bksvol-discuss] Possibly Rejecting Cross Bones

  • From: "Lisa Belville" <hunter123@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 07:52:28 -0400

Hi, all.

I've downloaded Cross Bones By Kathy Reichs to validate almost three weeks ago.
 I noticed before I downloaded it that there was a history of the book being
signed out to edit and then either being released or returned to the step 1
list by default because a validator didn't renew their editing time.

I'm considering rejecting this book because there are pages of junk characters
dispersed throughout the text, along with many junk characters at the beginning
and end of lines.  I've also removed hundreds of Karets, less than and greater
than signs, as well as back and forward slashes.  The story takes place in
Quebec and the middle east, so there's a lot of foreign words I can't verify.

I hate to reject this book, but it really needs a lot more work than I feel
comfortable doing.

I wanted to check and see if anyone would be interested in picking it up, if
so, I'll release it.  Otherwise, I'll reject it and have Rui add it to the "No
Book Left Behind" list.

BTW, this is a Temperance Brennon Mystery, so if you like crime and suspense,
this would be a good book for you.

Lisa