[bksvol-discuss] Paragraph formatting question

  • From: "Denise Wagner" <denisecwagner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 16:40:27 -0500

Hi all,

Time for another question:-)
I'm currently proofing a book where the paragraphs aren't very well managed, meaning the lines indent at different spots, they end at different spots. There's lots of dialogue and that is haphazzard as well.

So, my questions are: does this matter when it is submitted? Does the Bookshare software that processes these proofread files take care of that? Do I need to work with the the margins and fix the spacing and make it look pretty? It's driving me batty to read it this way, but if I don't *have* to fix it, I won't since it's a 400+ page book:-)

I'm not familiar with how the software that reads these files interprets page formatting, and if Bookshare jumps in and takes care of it.

And on a similar note, what exactly happens to a file after it is proofread and submitted for approval? I see references to "page number stripping" and such, so I'm just curious what else happens.

Thanks!
Denise