[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT:Operating instructions for Optic Book3600

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 20:11:28 -0400

Hi, Nancy. Have you installed the software that came with your scanner already? Scanners usually come with a CD that has drivers on it, and you'll need those to use the scanner. What program are you going to use to scan with? I'm asking because your OCR program like Openbook or FineReader can operate the scanner for you if you lay your page on the glass. I have never used your type of scanner, but most scanners work when you press the scan key of your OCR program. Your scanner probably has some buttons on the front of it too. I rarely use mine since they open up the software that came with my scanner, not my OCR program. The buttons usually do things like scan and send to email, scan and print, or scan a photo. If you tell us what OCR program you're going to use, I bet one of us can help you get it going. (smile)

Monica Willyard

On Friday 10/6/2006 06:26 PM, you wrote:
I have my scanner and it is added to my computer by USB, but I have found that I have neglected the matter of a useable instruction book.

Does anyone who uses the OpticBook3600 scanner have a copy of a text or scanned version of its operating instructions they'd be willing to share?