[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: this is a REALLY dumb rule

  • From: Monica <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 18:16:41 -0400

LOL! Your friendly neighborhood bureaucracy strikes again! To me, it's a waste of both the student's limited class hours and tax dollars. Students are already routinely removed from at least 1 class period for mobility and daily living skills classes. To require a student to waste another valuable class slot on a skill she can't use is idiotic. There is a group of people who insist that learning about driving and driver safety is still useful for us when we have to teach our children to drive. <rolls eyes> The idea that I'd teach my daughter to drive is equally ridiculous. I got a waiver and took a computer science class instead. It made up for the fact that I had to take mobility lessons during the time when most kids got to take electives. So in essence, mobility classes replaced Drivers' Ed. As for my daughter, when she's old enough to learn to drive, I will pay a sighted professional to teach her. No way will I take on that job alone with her behind the wheel of a moving vehicle!

On Thursday 4/6/2006 02:25 PM, Carrie wrote:

<http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2006/03/10/national/a080935S26.DTL&type=bondage>http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2006/03/10/national/a080935S26.DTL&type=bondage