[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT Tiger

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 09:54:37 -0500

Cindy, your friend can prove she has a print disability by providing Bookshare with a form from her doctor. As for Tiger, it has a built-in screenreader called Voice Over. I don't own a Mac, so I can't tell you how well it reads Bookshare content. I do know there are blind people using the Mac, and I've been told that upgrading Tiger to Leopard gives it a more robust screenreader that can read HTML. That would work well for Bookshare books I think.

Monica Willyard

Cindy Ray wrote:
I have a couple of questions. First of all, a woman I know is a person who is dyslexic. Are they eligible for Bookshare? If so, how do they prove they are dyslexic?

The other question is, their Apple system is a tiger
system 10.4. Is there any way to make that system talk?

Thanks.

Cindy Lou Ray. Each day is a new adventure.