[bksvol-discuss] Re: OT: The "S" in Harry S. Truman

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 00:31:05 -0500

Hi Cindy,

I thought his bio of John Adams was boring too! I only made it though the bit in his "Mornings on Horseback" where he says asthma like Teddy Roosevelt had is psychosomatic (paraphrasing here, but you get the idea), and hit the delete key on that one, too. For that bit of nonsense, McCullough should be pelted with inhalers by every asthmatic alive.

Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese <https://twitter.com/QuackersNCheese>
On 4/15/2016 12:20 AM, Cindy Rosenthal wrote:

Thanks, Judy -- for the answer to the Truman name question and also for letting me know that the biography interesting. I started McCullough's biograpy of John Adams and found it boring (or maybe it get through it a different subject's biography; I can't remember now but it, too garnered awards and was highly acclaimed but I was massively disappointed and couldn't finish it.