[bksvol-discuss] OT: Text Aloud.

  • From: "Lynn I" <lynnskyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bkshare discussion" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 12:00:06 -0600

Hi Everyone,

I've made a discovery in Text Aloud. I use it for reading books and then burn
them to CD or put them on my MP3 player. I like them to sound as good as
possible, and the less time and effort I have to put in to making them sound
good, the better. Well, quite by accident, I discovered that if I open a book
saved in the web page format htm or html, the results are even better than
opening a file saved in txt, or rtf formats. Why this is so, I'm not sure, but
it seems that the headers in the htm or html format cause Text Aloud to read
almost like a reader would.

Just thought I'd pass this along for anyone using Text Aloud so you can
experiment.

HTH and Happy New Year to all.

Blessings.

Lynnsky