[bksvol-discuss] OT: Rubs for Bob

  • From: Marilyn Beasley <mbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bob Wiley <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 12:46:43 -0400

Ah, yes, Bob, "there's the rub."

I am absolutely giddy with sleep deprivation, so I offer you the
following images, bits of humor.

You're standing with a small group of people (one is enough,
eight is too much) and you're either outside or you're inside and the
windows are open. You hear the far off sound of a police or ambulance
or fire truck siren -- who can tell the difference. And as the sound gets
louder and you're sure everyone else in your group can now hear the
siren clearly, you declare, "Oh, that's my ride," and you turn and walk
away. When you're sure the confusion and horror of it has settled in,
you turn around and (a) wink; (b) shrug and chuckle; (c) both.

This one I saw Robin Williams do on TV. He's just doing his stand-up
routine, blah, blah, blah, curse, curse, blah, blah -- and then he grabs
with one fist an imaginary fist-sized irritant on his opposing shoulder
and says "Get!" and then he imaginarily throws his imaginary irritant
to the ground with great force and screams, "OFF!" and then he
steps on the irritant with his shoe and really smashes it up.  Then he
looks up and continues: blah, blah, blah, curse, curse, curse, as if
nothing had happened.  I tell you, Bob, you do that in front of people,
and they crack up!!!

And, lastly, here's one for all ages:

You:    Knock knock.
Victim: Who's there?