[bksvol-discuss] OT: Cool, Affordable Bluetooth Headset

  • From: "groups Warford" <groups_warford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Bookshare Volunteer List" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 19:33:23 -0500

Hey all y'all,
I've been looking for an affordable Bluetooth headset to work with my
computer, and I've finally found one.  I thought I would share the news for
those of you who still get excited about these kind of things like I do.

The headset is a rocketfish RF-SH430.  It is meant primarily for a cell
phone, but it works great with my computer.  The mike sounds so much better
than my old one, THANK GOODNESS!
Features:
1) Single ear piece with small mike attached
2) Should work with any computer which supports Bluetooth headsets
3) Has talking menus (will announce battery level, pairing etc.) and talking
caller ID (if using with a cell phone).
4) Average price at Best Buy is $59.55 but you can get a better deal
somewhere else.  I bought mine there so I could return it if it didn't work.
5) It is so compact that you can walk around with it on your ear if using
with a cell and pick up your calls with a touch of a button instead of
digging for your phone in your purse or pocket.
6) The manual in PDF form can be found on:
www.rocketfishproducts.com

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me off list.
Warning: I may not be able to reply until after the New Year, but then  I
will do my best to get back to you in a timely manner.

Excitedly,
Cindy 4
cindy_warford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will
leave footprints in your heart.
-- Author Unknown