[bksvol-discuss] No page numbers and more

  • From: "Chris Feist" <ccfeist@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 15:07:56 -0500

HI all.  I believe I've hit a snag.  Here are  a few issues I'm having with
the latest validation of an RTF file.

First of all, there are no page numbers whatsoever.  It's critical that I
put them in manually, correct?  Also, the chapters don't begin at the top of
the page after a page break.  Should I put a page break in front of each
chapter heading or leave it be?

Finally, I wanted to avoid the aggravation of any soft breaks being put in
by MS Word.  As suggested to me in the past, I went to page set up under the
file menu, and I changed the height setting from 11 to 20.  However, I then
got this prompt, and I don't know what to do:

Microsoft Office Word
One or more margins are set outside the printable area of the page.  Choose
the Fix
button to increase the appropriate margins.
Fix Ignore

What should I do?  Any thoughts?  I don't want to validate this book unless
I do it properly.  Thanks.

Chris Feist - The one and only!