[bksvol-discuss] Re: Nice Addition to the Site

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 04:02:36 -0400

Hi Alyssa. I agree that it would be a nice thing to have, especially if it
were an option people could choose to turn on or off. Some of our volunteers
prefer to remain completely anonymous, and others prefer not to be contacted
by people they don't know well. I think Bookshare is concerned about the
potential for abuse of a person's contact information. Most people are good,
hard-working people who wouldn't exploit anyone. One person with a grudge
could cause a lot of needless grief though. What I do is put my email
address in the comments section when I submit a book. That lets the
proofreader know how to reach me if needed. That seems to work well so far.

Monica Willyard

  _____