[bksvol-discuss] Re: Newbery book request

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 22:32:34 -0700 (PDT)

Don't be surprised if it turns up eventually, Shelley.
I've learned some procedures by volunteering the the
library. When a book is missing (and I had one myself
recently -- it was supposed to be on the shelf but was
nowhere to be found and hasns't been checked out), a
librarian or clerk starts a tracer. Sometimes the book
stays lost, of course, but sometimes it turns up at
another branch -- or even, sometimes, eventually
misshelved quite a distance away. I've found books
that shelvers who don't know their alphabets or how to
read an author's name shelve books under the first
name  of middle name rather than the last name, even
though they've supposedly been trained.

Anyway, I hope someone else does it. It's short enough
that I suppose I can scan it myself.

Cindy

--- "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

http://mail.yahoo.com