[bksvol-discuss] Re: New JAWS and Kurzweil Version At Once

  • From: "Jim" <jazzpiano@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 21:15:21 -0700

Linda,
I have them both, and I have to say, I am not a jaws 8 fan. For example, in
emails, it keeps losing focus in outlook express. Be sure to go to the help
menu in jaws 8 and download the latest update to jaws 8. There is a feature in
Jaws 8 that says check for updates, and you can do just that instead of going
to the FS web site.
K 1000 V 11 is very good, and you will find that fine reader 8.0 is a good
scanning engine as is Scan soft 15.0. I don't think you will have any trouble
with settings in V 11. If so, writ me off list or write to the list and some of
us can help you, but I think you'll be just fine.
Jim Rawls