[bksvol-discuss] Re: My apologies

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 02:56:53 -0700

Oh, Carrie, my sympathy is entirely with you. I plead with you not to think
of yourself as the bane to all computers everywhere. This self-deprecation
on your part will not do at all, my dear. Better to attribute your problems
with your computer to: a. gremlins, b. bugs in the machines, C. entropy, D.
the conspiracy in which the Illuminati are out to get you, etc. Maybe you
should shrug your shoulders and just turn the damned things off and do
something else that simply has to be done, say, grouting the bathroom floor
or finding out the ceiling doesn't leak, etc. I certainly don't understand
the crotchets of the computer, and I'm thinking that techies in their
infinite wisdom end up telling you the very same thing. So, Carrie, take
comfort and hopefully your computers will perform and behave like nice
co-operative machines ought to behave. Of course you'd have a devil of a
problem should they (like Bartleby the Scrivener) prefer not to behave.
Regards, Kim.

  _____