[bksvol-discuss] Re: Mosaic by Amy Grant is now in the queue

  • From: "gwen tweedy" <gstweedy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 08:33:15 -0500

I'll bet you did wonderfully

----- Original Message ----- From: "Valerie Maples" <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 2:44 AM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Mosaic by Amy Grant is now in the queue

I hope I have done this book justice.  Jana did an excellent scan job, but
there were multiple irregularities and anomalies as well as a non-standard
font that led to many scan issues.  I combed it five times, finding things
each time and even thoroughly read it, so I hope I got the vast majority of
them.

This was a labor of love!  Tons of formatting due to music lyrics and
tables. Standardized as in the print volume. Page numbers are present and protected except for picture captions that were on unnumbered pages. Chapter titles are present and formatted for access and protected as well. Several
"chapters" have the same name, formatted differently, almost always the
story and then the lyrics.

I spent a tremendous amount of time on the formatting in hopes it would be
handled well by both Braille readers and sighted readers accessing it as
text.  I would love any feedback about issues that are found to improve my
proofing techniques. So, if it is accepted and any of you read it, I would
love to know if I should have handled any formatting differently and still
preserved the print integrity for sighted readers.

Thanks!
Valerie