[bksvol-discuss] Re: More work for Deborah

  • From: misha <mishatronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 19:54:50 -0700

That's really interesting to know that how you use braille and JAWS.

Misha

On 11/2/2016 8:28 PM, Estelnalissi wrote:

Dear Misha and Deborah,
I can and will use both of your solutions. Thank you so much.
Misha, I’m relieved when you and others take the question of 12 point bolding out of my hands. Your approach makes proofreading that just more streamlined.
I’ll use Deborah’s technique when the 12 point bolding is there because I’ve heard some sighted Bookshare users say they like it. They’ve been considerate of my needs as a braille reader, so when the opportunity pops up, I’m very willing to preserve the bolding in the right places, as in for emphases or as visual cues. The new braille has code for reveling bolding to braille. I take note of that fact though I read with older braille rules, more compact, faster. I’m not interested in the added punctuation unless, maybe, if I were reading a textbook or complex nonfiction. Deborah, I knew there was some kind of way to locate bolding in the find but had no idea how to get to it either relying on JAWS or visually. JAWS is my go to means of doing almost everything so I’m glad I can follow its lead to the boldings. I appreciate it that you explained when to and not to type and how to use the arrows and what to listen for. Your directions are crystal clear!
I am equally comfortable with both techniques for dealing with bolding.
Double thanks for answers times two!
Always with love,
Lissi