[bksvol-discuss] More OmniPage Questions...

  • From: "Chris Hofstader" <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 16:34:07 -0400

Hi,

I started scanning "The Gang Who Wouldn't Write Straight, Wolfe, Thompson,
Didion and the New Journalism Revolution," today.

Using OP Pro 15, I can look around in the OP text editor (JAWS 9.0.xxx, the
latest update misses some text which causes me to wonder if it's actually
there and a JAWS bug keeps it from speaking or if the OCR messed up but
that's what a sighted lovely wife like my Susan can help me figure out).

In the OP text editor, "natural" page breaks are maintained just as they are
scanned.  Does anyone who uses the export to rtf functionality know if there
is a "preserve natural page breaks" option somewhere that, although these
pages are shorter than letter sized paper, the page breaks will be treated
as "hard" rather than flowing?  Every time I export to rtf and open the
document in Word 2003, 2008 or WordPad (on either XP or Vista) the page
breaks get altered to fit the default Word template or default page size in
WordPad.

I would think that this wouldn't be terribly hard but I can't find the
option or figure out how to do it.

Thanks,
cdh