[bksvol-discuss] Re: Looking for sighted assistance

  • From: "Denise Wagner" <denisecwagner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 15:11:54 -0400

Hi Em,

Sorry! I just found this in my massive inbox! I'm heading to my library tonight or tomorrow. If I can't get it, I'll send you an email.

Thanks for the help!
Denise

-----Original Message----- From: Em Rose
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 6:28 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Looking for sighted assistance

Hi Denise,

Let me know if you can't get it from your library. I have a copy I'd be willing to send out.

Em

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 12, 2012, at 4:07 PM, "Denise Wagner" <denisecwagner@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Mayrie,

I'd be happy to proof it for you. My library has it (so they say) so I can get a copy fairly easily. I haven't been able to get my new scanner to scan a decent page, so I won't be able to scan it.

Denise

-----Original Message----- From: Mayrie ReNae
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 4:03 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Looking for sighted assistance

Hi Everyone,

There is a book which Bookshare does not have, "Mary Anne and 2 Many Babies" (Baby-sitters club #53) by Ann M. Martin. I have and am willing to scan the book, or would happily proofread if someone sighted would prefer to scan the
book.  I ask for sight help because there is handwritten text in all of
these books (about a short page worth at the beginning of about half of each book's 15 chapters) which never scans legibly. Is anyone willing or able to
help me out with this book?

If not, I'll see what I can rustle up for sighted help nearby.

Thanks if anyone can help me either by proofreading my scan and inserting
the handwritten text and possibly chapter headings in the proper places, or
scanning the book and including the text that I mentioned.  As I said, I'm
happy to proofread the book if that is preferable.

Mayrie