[bksvol-discuss] Re: Looking for a General Preference on formatting text

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 17:52:35 -0500

I suppose the staff will have to offer the last word. Generally, I know we're
not suppose to change things, for example, spellings that reflect dialect. But
to me, this seems like something that ought to be changed. I dare
say trying to figure out that stupid stunt using speech will be more difficult
than making somebody hold the book up to a mirror. And some methods of reading
that we use won't even allow us to do the laborious
character by character recreation that would be necessary to try to figure it
out.
Mary